Say Yay for Yeh!!
Hello, my name is Jaquelyn Yeh and I am running for EEPC President with Ajay Bhandari for EEPC Vice President. I am currently a senior in EEP and I have been an active EEP Club Officer for the past two years. As a Social Chair, I have planned numerous highly-attended and fun events that you have been able to attend. From Laser Tag to Formal, I have worked with the Social Chairs very hard to make each event a success.
As an officer on the EEP Club board over the last two years, I have had to chance to see, firsthand, the hard work and dedication that is required to make sure EEP Club is run well. From providing scantrons and blue books to compiling yearbooks and organizing events, EEPC does so much for each individual EEPster. I would love to be your next EEPC President because I feel that my qualifications and unique personality traits make me ready to take on this responsibility.
I have been on the officer boards of various other clubs on campus, such as being the Secretary of the Music Appreciation Club and Vice President of the G.E. Honors Club, where I have learned many useful skills that will make me a better EEPC President. Because I have worked with many different people in different settings, I can easily adapt to different situations. I will dedicate my time and effort to this position, take your input and incorporate your suggestions into the way EEPC is run, and otherwise work tirelessly to make sure that your experience with EEPC is the best that it can be.
If I am elected as EEP Club President, I will continue to run EEPC successfully as John and David have over the past year. As EEPC President, I would implement the following ideas:
1) Better Student Services: I will make sure there is always a supply of scantrons, blue books, whiteboard markers, and miscellaneous office supplies that are needed. I will also try to make sure that the EEP Lounge is clean, because everyone can benefit from a cleaner lounge, whether to study or relax.
2) More Events and Making Sure They Run Smoothly: I would like to have more events that happen throughout the school year such as a Movie Night, a Beach Clean-Up Day, a Field Day, and a Mini Golf event. I would love to hear suggestions and take them into consideration. As Social Chair, I have learned a lot this year about events and how to make sure they run smoothly. I will work with the new Social Chairs and collaborate with the board to make sure that events are even better than before.
3) Fundraising Events: In order to decrease the cost of events so that more EEPsters can attend, I would like to fundraise throughout the year by having bake sales, selling Valentine grams, and holding other fun fundraising events.
4) Birthday Grams: Birthday cakes are hard to schedule for everyone, so, I would like to have Birthday Grams. A Birthday Gram is a cute card from EEPC that comes with candy that is given to someone on their birthday. It’s our way to say “Happy Birthday!! We love to celebrate with you.”
5) De-stress Events: Sometimes, midterms and finals can get really stressful, and I think the best way to relax is with some comfort food. At least once a quarter, I will make sure to bring treats such as cookies, brownies, ice-cream, and chips for everyone so they can just relax for a few minutes with their favorite food, then go ace their test. I will try to have more free food events because everyone loves food!!
If I am elected, I will make sure that next year will be successful and amazing with the help of an incredible board and the input of all the EEPsters. I will be dedicated to being EEPC President, and I will make sure all these great ideas and events are put into action!!! Thank you very much for taking the time to read this platform, and don’t forget to vote for Jaquelyn Yeh as EEPC President and Ajay Bhandari as EEPC Vice President!